We have already discussed about the launch of beta version new OS from Apple i.e. iOS 6. If you have planed to buy an iPad 3 or you have already got it, then it can be upgraded to that beta version OS iOS 6.
Just for the unskilled, I would like to share that Apple has made an obligatory decision that UDID (Unique Device Identifier) is required for a legitimate OS onto any Apple iDevice. But that to install IOS 6, once can do that installation without the use of UDID.
What a user needs is to have one PC with the facility of Internet. Then the user will need to download some required software for further process which are:
- Apple iOS 6 IPSW firmware Beta version
- Apple iOS 5.1.1 IPSW firmware
- Apple iTunes 10.6.3
- Download the said software and packages, and connect your iPad 3 with your PC.
- If have already done the jailbreak process for your iPad, then its suggested that you better take all of the backup of your data. Directly updating from this state will brick (i.e. render useless) your iPad 3. So you must back up all that you have on the device and restore it to version 5.1.1 of iOS. You have already downloaded the same so all you need to do is install it and then restore to the iPad all that you’ve backed up in the previous step.
- Now if your iPad 3 has already been moved to iOS 6, then it is a requirement that you do a downgrade to iOS 5 or iOS 5.1.1 firmware. To complete this process, connect your iPad 3 to the PC using iTunes and then restart the device. After doing that, boot your device in Recovery Mode by simultaneously pressing the lock and home buttons. This process will bring the iTunes popping up and the screen will go black. Now continue to hold the home button but release the lock button till iTunes again shows a message. Now this is the time to restore your iPad 3to the version to iOS 5.1 or 5.1.1.
- It’s time to start up the iTunes and connect your iPad 3 to the PC using USB cable.
- You will see your iPad on the program’s left panel. Click on it.
- Press the Alt and Ctrl (or Shift will also do) buttons together. A button named ‘Check for Update’ will appear on the main panel. Click on it.
- It will ask you for the destination where the firmware is located on your computer. Direct it to the location where you have downloaded the above mentioned iOS 6 IPSW Beta firmware file.
- Now click on ‘OK’ and wait while iTunes updates your iPad 3’s operating system.
- Once the process gets over, your iPad 3 is ready for use in its new iOS 6 avatar.
Latest posts by Faheem Rehman (see all)
- Windows Phone 8 Updates Will Bring Support for Tablets - October 26, 2013
- Battery Issues with the Galaxy S4? Check Out These Tips! - October 24, 2013
- How Important Is It For Your Company to Be On Google+? - October 22, 2013