With an aim to stand out among all other Android smartphones, HTC has revealed their latest product-the HTC One. Those who plan to get their hands on this top-of-the-list phone must keep in mind the salient features. Here is a list of all the key points regarding this new device.
You might want to know these before heading over to the nearest electronics store. Varying from stunning silver to deep black, it possesses a slim aluminum exterior and offers a good grip. Take a look at its distinguishing features.
- First of all, brand new software known as the Blinkfeed feature has been incorporated in the set. It brings a stream of updates, news reports, videos and photos directly to the home screen. The interface displays large tiles that automatically update with continuous information flowing in from news and social networking sites.
- HTC One offers an anti-glare and scratch less 4.7 inch full HD display boasting a resolution of 468 pixels per inch on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The screen size is smaller than its predecessor HTC Droid DNA and other smartphones but a little larger than the iPhone. Size really isn’t the key element here anyway; just the quality and new additional features are enough to have anyone run after this smartphone.
- An interesting and mesmerizing technology used in this handset is the Ultrapixel camera. It is made up of larger pixels each of which capture up to 300 per cent more light than other phones. The larger the size of the pixel, the more amount of light it will absorb and therefore provides enhanced images. There are a lesser number of pixels but the HTC One focuses more on image quality. Since the pixels are larger in size, fewer are needed to give the crisp result of a good image. HTC claims that their new Ultrapixel camera will instantly capture dynamic and life-like photos and videos within a diverse range of colors even if the subject is placed in low light conditions.
- This device has the distinction of being the first ever smartphone to feature a remote control function. Analysts who held a meeting with the company suggest that HTC is negotiating with cable TV providers in many countries to offer a new technology for their customers to help in transforming the phone into a remote control for several media devices.
- The device has two speakers, one at the top and one at the bottom of the phone screen, to produce a killer stereo effect for video viewing.
- The CPU is a 1.7 GHz quad-core processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 600) with 2GB RAM and internal memory of 32 to 64 GB.
- It possesses LTE technology for super-fast browsing.
- It supports Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, NFC, 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, DLNA (for wireless streaming of media from the phone to other compatible devices), IR remote control and a micro USB 2.0 port (5-pin).
- It embraces a rechargeable 2300 mAh Li-Polymer battery.
- At the start of March, the HTC One will be available in at least 80 countries and regions at more than 185 major retailers.