There are many users like me who are new to the Apple devices. Once they gets hand on any of the device, they starts downloading and executing different Apps due to their excitement. Same thing happened to me when I bought the iPhone for first time. When you do that, then there will be highly chance that you might finding little space in your Apple device like iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
I have tried to discuss some of the options which you can find useful to get some free space in your devices.
- If you are familiar with the iCloud and you use it frequently, then you know that it gives an opportunity to sync every video and photo taken on your iPhone to your iPad automatically, and vice versa. You soon realizes that these photos and video can reaches upto hundreds of MB, and with several hundred (or thousand) of photos, you’ll quickly eat up storage space. So make sure that you regularly take backups your data to the computer. Make that computer as a primary source of data storage. Once you do that, just delete the pictures from the iPad. Signing up for a paid iCloud account will also help ease the local storage burden.
- I would recommend to avoid keeping music on your iPhone. The best option will be to use iTune Home Sharing for playing your music directly from your PC, whether you are at home or anywhere else. Another option could be using the feature of iTune Match. By that you can run your music from the iTune Library from anywhere with the help of iCloud. I also would like to share few Apps like Pandora, SoundCloud, Spotify, Rdio, etc which helps in great deal to play your music on your iDevice without actually taking up precious storage space on the device.
- There are ways available which actually tells you that how much storage has been used by you and how much is left. It also gives you the info that which App is taking lots of storage. If you believe, not much use of it now, then simply uninstalls it.
- As I mentioned at start, many new user installs lots of Apps and games in excitement. They use them and after finishing the games or Apps, they keep them in their iPhone. Don’t practice this. Once you finished playing any game and if you don’t need any App for future, then remove it. You will always have the option to download and install it again in future, whenever required.
- Same is the case with videos. Especially with iPad 3 and iPhone 4S, if you have watched any HD video and then don’t keep that in your device. It can fill up your space so fast and you won’t realize.
At the same time I would also say that, you can buy the devices with different storage range. And those ranges are not that little. It can hold a lot of data in it. Like if you have a 8GB iPod Touch, it can hold lots of music in it. You may never feel removing those files. But as we have features like iCloud, then why should we do that?