The time Apple Team has come up with the iOS 6 at the WWDC 2012, like me everyone will be trying to look after the features it got. The excitement it brought with new iOS. Everyone will be interested to know what they can avail from iOS 6 for their particular device.
When I say features then we can say like proper directions in Maps, feature of video calling over 3G Network, or the browser ability to save pages to read them when one is offline.
But it is not all good news everywhere and for everyone. There is a glitch here. These features are related with the models you have of your iDevice. So, unlucky for some, if you guys have the older model of iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, then there is a possibility that you will not be able to enjoy all of the new features announced.
Let me give you the list of few features which can cause issue with older models:
- Siri is going to be added for iPad 3. So this features for directed Maps directions will be available only to iPhone 4S and iPad 3.
- The directed Map directions and the feature like “Flyover 3D” will not be available for iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4.
- You must have known about the feature like “Shared Photo Stream”. This feature allows all the users to share the pictures with each other and comment on those. This feature will be available for iPhone 4 and above, the iPad 2 and above, and Mac computers with OS X Mountain Lion.
- “FaceTime over 3G” will be available for iPhone 4S or iPad 3 with cellular data capability. This feature will not available for older than those two iDevices.
- “VIP list” feature for important emails which one can mark for future so that if that mail comes again, you will be notified as a message. This feature will be available for iPhone 4 or above and the iPad 2 or above.
- If I summarize the topic, I would say that iOS 6 will be available only for the iPhone 3GS and above, the iPad 2 and above, and the fourth-generation iPod Touch.